The leaders of Residents for a Better Bay Point came up with a list of needs for Bay Point to begin the discussion between Bay Point and the City of Pittsburg.
1. Separate Planning Commission to decide Bay Point land use issues.
2. Separate Redevelopment Agency to decide issues relative to Bay Point.
3. Retain community name of Bay Point.
4. City of Pittsburg to support Bay Point in its move for a separate Zip Code.
5. City of Pittsburg to pay for street light installations and upkeep on Willow Pass Road and Port Chicago Highway as well as Bailey Road.
6. Bay Point redevelopment monies to be spent in Bay Point for at least 10 years to improve community.
7. City of Pittsburg to provide code enforcement officers in Bay Point.
8. City of Pittsburg to work with Bay Point Redevelopment Agency to secure a waterfront community of joint use homes and businesses.
9. Local Bay Point office related to business licenses, code enforcement, and law enforcement substation. Input in how Bay Point business licenses are given out in Bay Point.
10. A noise ordinance in Bay Point which has enforcement teeth.
11. Rental inspections and enforcement to protect rental properties, tenants and landowners.
12. Wireless cameras for increased law enforcement in high target areas.
13. Policing for local trails through Bay Point for community protection.
14. Bay Point section 8 housing under the direction of the City of Pittsburg.
15. Widen of Evora Road at Willow Pass on Southwest corner of Bay Point.
16. Installation of street lights on Evora and lower Driftwood for increased security and safety.
17. Collaboration on finding workable homeless solutions for those willing to work with agencies for housing and needed assistance.
18. Input on industrial truck traffic.
19. Input on use of wetlands
20. Alcohol outlets - Conditions for licenses and permits.
21. Work for better control and placement of Non Profit groups into correct zoning areas.
22. Consolidation of services to help low income and homeless including restrictions on food giveaways to non cooked foods.
23. Qualifying candidates for Bay Point Town Council must be citizens of Bay Point.
24. Completion of Bay Point harbor and Orbisona Heights developments.
Who We Are
This movement was started by Steve Hoagland, Attila Gabor and Norma Seigfried. Each serve the community of Bay Point and seek to help improve the quality of life in Bay Point for all its residents.
This group is growing with community members from both Bay Point and Pittsburg as they seek to join together to make both communities better for the open discussions related to the proposal.
We are seeking other likeminded residents in Bay Point and Pittsburg to join us in creating a Better Bay Point today for the generations to follow. If you want to be a member of Residents for a Better Bay Point just go to Contact Us and send an email with your information. We will let you know when we have added your name to those wanting to make this A Better Bay Point.
A Better Bay Point. All rights reserved.